Saturday, February 28, 2009

Unblocking Google Talk Contact

google-talk-logo

This topic would sound absurd, but it really isn’t, so keep on reading :) Have you ever blocked a contact in Google Talk? Well, recently a friend of mine was annoying me a lot. I even warned him not to disturb, but he kept on bugging me, so in the end the only choice I had was to block him. After block, I worked in peace but the next day I felt sorry for what I have done and wanted to unblock him back. But to my surprise, there was no way I can unblock him from Google Talk itself.

I know, this is very weird, but when I blocked him, Google Talk blocked and deleted him from my list. In the end, I did found how to get the contact unblocked back. In thsi post, I’ll tell you how to unblock contacts.

Note: After reading the above paragraphs, please don’t try blocking anyone just for the sake of trying. If you block, and cannot unblock afterwards, I’m not responsible for that. Read on further to learn how to unblock contacts. Here I’ll be using sizzled.test@gmail.com as a sample. I have blocked this contact through my Google Talk, and now want to unblock it.

1. After blocking, you’ll notice that the contact entry in your Google Talk has been permanently deleted. Even if you try searching from the search bar, you won’t find him.

gtalk-block

2. Open you Gmail inbox, and wait for the Google Talk module to load in the left sidebar. Then type the user id/email of the contact in it’s search bar whom you blocked and want to unblock. Then point to it’s Profile link, and press the big Chat button.

gtalk-block-2

(click the image to enlarge)

3. It will show the contact as offline (doesn’t matter if the contact is really online or offline). Try typing anything in the chat box. I wrote hello, and got a message above saying: You cannot send a message to a blocked contact.

gtalk-block-3

4. Press the Options button now, and click Unblock [contact name].

gtalk-block-4

5. Contact unblocked! :)

gtalk-block-5

See, I told you that unblocking is a little tricky. If there’s any other method, let me know below.

Courtesy from :

http://www.sizzledcore.com/2007/10/11/how-to-unblock-contacts-in-google-talk/

1 comment:

Adek Aidi said...

"See, I told you that unblocking is a little tricky. If there’s any other method, let me know below."

well..since i also gmail user too, i'll let u know the other way :
in gtalk messenger(i asume u use dekstop edition), choose setting (at right top), choose blocked, then u can check person that u want to unblock to remove from that list.

very simple, isn't ? i bet google guys already thought about this far before they launched this beta application :p