Monday, February 23, 2009

Debugging my fault

I had taken a sat at JNCIP exam before. Its a remote lab, telnet-ing to physical lab in Amsterdam.
Its an 8-hour practical exam excluding one hour lunch time, start from 10 AM to 7 PM including one hour lunch time. I had build an ISP consisting of seven M-series routers and multiple EBGP neighbors. All 7 router's IGP, BGP route reflector and EBGP neighbors had been reach up. And then i jump into IGP/BGP customization task and routing policy, but i saw the clock already 5 PM, i hurried up finish my task, and by 7 PM i feel i had meet all the requirements but i did not had time to check and verified the configuration.

15 days after the exam, Gary Hausser, who is proctoring me send me an email, he said i failed the exam and i lost big points in IGP/BGP customization task and routing policy. I feel very sad to had receiving email like that. :( i realized that i had no enough time to verified again my configuration at that area. Its because i didn't wisely allocate my time wisely, the pitfall was my battle against unfamiliar interface at beginning of exam taking 3 hour to conquered them.

Debugging my fault
After receiving email from Gary, i check again configuration my m7i's logical router, yeah i found a lot of mistake because i didn't re-read the requirements, i just follow my assumption not following what the juniper want.
Now, i preparing myself to taking another exam by trying bunch of exam scenario and a lot of what if question...

Wish me luck okay :D

No comments: